Tim Schaefer CFP®
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
For over 20 years, Tim Schaefer has helped clients reach their personal and financial goals. As a Certified Financial Planner, Entrepreneur, Business Owner and Business Consultant, he has a broad array of skills that he brings to every engagement.
For over 12 years he managed the investment and financial planning department for a regional bank in Minnesota. In 2010 he started Encore Wealth Advisors as an independent advisor to work with clients from across the US in wealth management, estate planning and financial planning. Also in 2010, he started Encore Consultants, Inc., a consulting firm catering to family-owned businesses working in the areas of business transitions and strategic planning.
Tim’s education and experience is extensive and includes the following:
- Bachelors of Science in Business Economics from South Dakota State.
- In 2007, he became a Certified Financial Planner through the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards.
- Financial Planning Association
- Investment Advisor Representative
- Registered Representative
- Insurance Licensed in Life, Health and Disability, Long Term Care
Tim resides on a small acreage in rural Minnesota where he lives with his wife Kristin, four children, and a hunting dog. In 2011, he made a check on his bucket list by becoming a pilot and in 2013 became instrument-rated. He enjoys his time flying, especially when flying to meet clients.